Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “DPA 2018”) as from the 25th May, 2018.
Who are we?
4homes ltd is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
Registered name: 4homes ltd
Registered in England – Company number: 4463384
Registered Address – 12-14 High Street, Sidmouth, EX10 8EL which is also our main trading address.
VAT Number: 141 2345 11
Telephone Number: 01395 578763
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data;
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Photographs of your property
- Payment Information
How do we process your personal data?
4homes ltd complies with its obligations under data protection legislation by:
- keeping personal data up to date;
- storing and destroying it securely;
- not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and
- ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Consent of the data subject (you)
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Legitimate business interest
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide designs and quotations for requested work to our clients,
- To manage contracted work on behalf of our clients
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- To manage our supplier accounts and make payments to them
- To operate the 4homes ltd web site and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
Following your explicit consent we may from time to time:
- Inform you of our news, events, activities or services.
- Contact you to obtain your opinion of current and potential new services we may offer.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will not be shared, unless we are required by law to do so. The only exception to this is if we are sending a direct delivery from one of our suppliers to one of our customers.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and for a minimum period of six (6) years for invoicing and accounting purposes and warranty issues
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under data protection legislation, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data : –
- The right to be informed about who we are and how and why we process personal data – this notice;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which 4homes ltd holds about you;
- The right to request that 4homes ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for 4homes ltd to retain such data;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office:
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113
or via email http://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
or at the Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
The Compliance Manager (Data Protection Officer)
12-14 High Street,
Sidmouth, EX10 8EL
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01395 578763
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. Any changes will be made available via our website at www.4homes.ltd.uk
A copy of this privacy notice can be downloaded from the following link:- 4home Privacy Notice